Tuesday, June 17, 2008

A Really Nice Day

Today the weather is perfect. Party cloudy (yes, real clouds) with sun and breezy, comfortable temps!!

The King and I went to Lowe's and got a new screen door for the slider that he put in on Sunday. Now we have a nice cross breeze going through the house. I lover air conditioning but I love it more when you can turn it off and open the windows.


I just took 2 loaves of french bread out of the oven and I am waiting for another batch to rise the second time. I think I will make them into dinner rolls. I wonder how that will turn out. I was thinking about trying to make some sour dough.
When I lived in Hawaii in 1981, I hung out at this place in the Ilikai Marina. (The Ilikai Hotel is the hotel that Jack Lord - McGarrett - is standing on top of in the beginning of Hawaii Five-O)
I cannot remember the name of the bar/restaurant. They made their own sour dough bread. It was so delicious.


No comments: