Thursday, August 21, 2008

Love Thursday


My youngest loves pancakes. I would buy the frozen kind for days when I did not feel like making them. But what are those ingredients! Plus I want her to eat whole wheat. So here's my recipe for "Buttermilk" Pancakes that I make for my little honey!
"Buttermilk" Pancakes
Wet Ingredients
1 1/3 cups of milk with 1 T apple cider vinegar (or white vinegar)
1 beaten egg
1 T light tasting olive oil (or whatever vegetable oil you use)
1 t vanilla
Dry Ingredients
1 1/4 cups of white whole wheat King Arthur flour
1 T sugar
1 t baking powder
1/2 t baking soda
1/2 t salt
Mix wet ingredients into the dry and mix to incorporate. May be slightly lumpy. Pour into hot pan. Cook until done.
I love King Arthur Flour. It costs more but it is worth it. The company is American and it's owned by the employees. Do you know if your flour comes from America?

No comments: