Friday, February 13, 2009

Feast of San Biagio and stuff



Earlier in the month was the Feast of San Biagio in Italy. I don't know who he was. I googled him and got info about a church.
Our niece sent some photos of the fireworks they had in their town for the festa. Aren't these photos great. I can never get good fireworks photos!
These are the things that I am looking forward to. There is nothing like that here. Once a year the fire company has a carnival to raise money. It used to be really fun but lately it is not.
But everything always costs something here. It's like going to Hershey park and spending $40 to get in the park but you have to pay $5-$10 to park there.
Yesterday they had hail (in Sicily). That is not a usual occurance. Here we have horrendous winds. It blew the doors off the barn at my mom's place. I am thanksful for the clam today.

No comments: