Thursday, March 12, 2009

Views of Sicily

This is a new topic that I will try to post on occasionally.




This is a famous church near where we are going to move in Sicily. It is in Tindari. At the top is the Black Madonna. Every May people walk up to the church. our niece took this photo when they were there this year. I cannot wait to see it. It looks very ornate!

You can see the church on top of the mountain. My SIL and her husband had photos taken up there after their marriage ceremony in 1969.

My friend over at Bleeding Espresso had some great photos of other things you can see up there.

http://bleedingespresso.com/2008/03/touring-sicily-the-ruins-of-tindari.html



1 comment:

Michelle | Bleeding Espresso said...

Thanks for the linky love...you'll be hiking up there soon, I'm sure :)