Thursday, December 17, 2009

I'm back on the internet!! Yahoo!

We arrived in Sicily on Oct. 21st, almost 2 months ago. It was rainy and ugly for almost a week. Just like the weather in Pennsylvania. We stayed with The King's sister for a couple of weeks or so until the apt we rented was ready.

We went up to the cemetery for the Day of the Dead (that's what I call it - not sure what Italians call it). The cemetery is at the top of a mountain. I took some photos. I took photos of the graves of family members. Cemeteries don't look like this where I come from. People were staring at me. I'm getting used to that!



This is our town. You can see the church at the top of the far mountain and the sea below. It was a baeutiful day. I have better photos of the church on the The King's phone BUT I have to buy a cord to download them onto the computer.

This is it for now..I have to hang out the wash while it is sunny. It's been rainy this week. I hope it's over but I don't think so!!

2 comments:

Sonia @ My Sweet Monkey said...

Welcome to Italy... and welcome back online!! I'm looking forward to seeing your pictures of Sicily!!

jojofromvictoria said...

Glad to see that you made your move safely and are settled in. I hope that you are enjoying your new life. Sicily is a wonderful place, so full of unexpected surprises...as is all of Italy. I am discovering that everyday in my travels. ps... hope the wind didn't blow away your freshly hung laundry. :) haha!