Saturday, November 16, 2013

Knit your socks on straight : a new and inventive technique with just two needles by Alice Curtis

You can look inside this book here. I liked this book so much I bought a copy last night.  Before I attempt to knit socks in the round, I need to get used to knitting with teeny tiny needles and yarn! LOL
You knit the sock flat and then crochet it closed.  Pretty cool!
Curtis has step by step instructions on sock construction. She starts with a plain sock and then builds up to some difficult patterns.  Patterns for babies, kids, women and men are here! There some really different styles to choose from!!
I am going to start with the Jelly Beans sock - page 24-5 in the book.  You can check it out on the link above.

 Garden Trellis Argyle

 Carnegie Hall

Livin' in Blue Jeans
Pages: 144

No comments: