Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Big Book of Knitting Stitch Patterns

This is a great book.  Anything you can imagine is here for you to incorporate into your patterns. The Table of Contents starts with Basic Stitches and ends with Jacquard Patterns.
Here's an page example.

You could make a scarf using Garter Stitch which is on page 5. This is a knit every row pattern. It is very plain.  Add this Diamonds and Cables Pattern in the middle and you could have something different than anyone else has!

Here's a great example of ingenuity. I found this blog post from Chronicles of a Yarn Obsession.

Cara used this pattern from Knitty.

She then added the Alternating Leaf Pattern on page 192 and created this beautiful sweater.

Here's another example of what you can do with this book!!  From The Sexy Knitter - The Lady Sybil Jumpsuit   She has more photos on the post.  Be sure to look at them!!  This is a really cool website too! Sarah has many patterns for sale!

This is what she says about the bodice - "I started scouring my stitch dictionaries for a lace with a vaguely art deco feel to it, and found one called "Kiwi" in the Big Book of Knitting Stitch Patterns (page 214). Perfect! I swatched it up and knew I had my bodice all set. I worked up a big rectangle of it and lined it with a bit of stockinette."

Here's a third project I found using a stitch from the book. This is a headband by Mari @ Wistful Plying.


                                                     Click on the link above for the directions.
Pages: 288
Published: 2000

No comments: